Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Plews 55001 Lubrimatic Fluid Quart Pump, Fits Standard Quart Bottles Recent Reviews



Accidentally bought this as a gallon bottle connection but of course it did not fit. Currently I use it to change power steering fluid and other fluids. But 4cc a pump..convert that to oz and you'll think it over it takes a bit of work.However, my mistake. Product came promptly and exactly as described. Works fine for currently.
- Gavin, HI

Just used this pump over the weekend. It worked extremely well on gear oil for my rear diff & transmission fluid.
- hrdcre

Perfect fit on a quart bottle and just the sensitivity looked-for for topping up, say, motorcycle chaincase oil levels. For larger tasks such as oil changes etc I would still reply on the traditional funnel and cloth approach. Nevertheless I'm glad it's in my garage as it makes life with 'spillables' a lot easier!
- Marcus Burrows

I bought this piece to pump 6 quarts of Redline 75w90NS into my Toyota Tacoma's differentials/transaxle. While the pump does NOT actually fit and screw onto the Redline bottles, it still worked. Sure it doesn't pump a enormous amount each time and it'll take a few minutes to do each bottle but if you're not a running a business, where time is money, then this works absolutely fine! No mess was made that was attributable to the pump. The in and out hoses that came with the pump were an appropriate length for the Redline containers and for my vehicle. This pump worked perfectly for me and I was very pleased with this purchase.
- Bryan Thorp

Used this to fill the rear differential in my vehicle. Takes about 300 pumps to move a quart of oil. Not for serious use.
- James M Ticconi

Purchased one of these to aid change the transmission fluid on my RX8. Used it with a bottle of redline fluid. Fit perfectly, no leaking, and made the job nice and easy. Price is perfect, and shipping was fast!
- P. Sorornejad

I was varying my manual transmission fluid and looked-for a way to get gearbox oil into the car's transmission fill fissure -- I bought this based on the strength of reviews at this time on Amazon.IT DOES NOT FIT THE UBIQUITOUS STANDARD-SIZED WIDE-MOUTHED 1 LITER BOTTLE OF OIL. Total buzzkill. I cannot figure out what I am misreading in the item description or why no one else has had this issue.Fortunately the local O'Reilly sells one made by Routine Tool (search google for routine tool W1139) that fits of laughter both quart and gallon bottles. The wider thread of the pump fits of laughter the wide-mouth liter-sized oil bottles which is what my manual transmission fluid came packaged in. It also pumps 1 ounce (30 cc) per actuation and made fleeting bring about of the 1.3 L of transmission fluid.
- A

I just expected this pump, and the packaging says that it pumps 4cc per pump. That is a very small amount: it will take 250 pumps to pump one liter. (Abridged - see observations.)
- M. Dionne

Yes, the pump pushes a fairly small amount with each pump. However, it is still better than most other options (depending on the job).I used it for a transmission (gear) fluid swap. After draining, replugging, and opening the fill-fissure, I slid under the car, put the hose in the fill-fissure, and pumped away. I had to put in 2 pints and it took me about 15 minutes. This is a much better option than a hose alone from the top, especially with a thick fluid like a transmission fluid.# One issue:The screw on part for the top did NOT fit Redline fluid, which is apparently smaller than standard. However, it still worked; I just had to hold it in place as I pumped.# One upgrade for this pump:I will take the pump to home depot and buy a longer out-hose. This will allow me to pump from above the engine which will be a little easier than laying under the car.Great Regard at this time.
- Scott D. Davis "Scott"

Pumped fine, but didn't fit the Redline gear oil bottle it was not compulsory for. I had to duct tape it almost the bottle.
- Tom Y.


Plews 55001 Lubrimatic Fluid Quart Pump, Fits Standard Quart Bottles

Plews Tools 55-001 Pump





No comments:

Post a Comment